Lemonade Life

Sunday, June 10, 2007

An Interview with Myself.

So, when do you leave for New Jersey?

Thursday, June 14.

And when do you start work?

Monday, June 18.

Isn't that cutting it kind of close?

Indeed it is.

Do you have a place to live?

No, I'm going to live under the George Washington Bridge for awhile. Maybe check out the Brooklyn Bridge while I'm at it. Oh, and there's always hanging with the pidgeons in Central Park.

And if it starts to rain I'm going to sleep on Scott Strumello's couch.

Are you serious?

Actually, Scott lives a little far from my job... Oh, you mean about sleeping under bridges? No, of course not.

So where are you really staying?

At my dad's cousin's house in New Jersey. Then a hotel. Hopefully I'll find an apartment soon.

Are you driving out there?

It is not humanly possible to leave Oregon on Thursday and drive to New Jersey to start work on Monday. Unless I was Danica Patrick and drove 125 miles the entire time.

How is your stuff getting there?

Pick up my suitcase and find out. Oh, and the fine folks at UPS are picking up the slack.

Are you scared?

No, I trust the brown suits.

No, I meant about moving, leaving your friends and family and cute little kitty cat, for many months, possibly even years, to trek out into the while blue gray yonder of New Jersey...

Are you finished?

Yes.

I am a little scared.

Are you excited?

No, I find the entire experience dreadfully dull.

Of course I'm excited.

Are you going to miss your family?

Who?

Oh come on.

Yes, I'll miss my family. But not for very long. Dad arrives this Saturday, and my mum and brother arrive two weeks later. Then I will miss them.

So, what exactly are you doing in New Jersey?

I'm working at a PR agency.

Doing what?

I'll be a New Media Coordinator.

What does that mean?

Um, I think it might have something to do with blogs. Wikis, perhaps? You know, all that new-fangled technology kids are messing around with these days. But I'm not really sure...

Oh, brilliant.

I'll get back to you.

Well, thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions. People have been wondering about your Big Move.
Ah, no problem at all. My pleasure actually.

Well, thank you again. Good-bye!

Cheers!

4 Comments:

At June 10, 2007 10:53 PM , Blogger George said...

I am just glad you are not sleeping under any bridges.

SO Exciting!!!!!!!

 
At June 11, 2007 5:56 AM , Blogger Scott S said...

You're welcome to sleep on the sofa if you are still homeless, but as you note, its a bit of a trek across 3 bridges to get to NJ everyday, especially when the cost of bridge crossing is $4.50 each way!

 
At June 11, 2007 7:55 AM , Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

:-)

 
At June 14, 2007 4:13 AM , Blogger manny hernandez said...

Best of luck on the trip today!

Sounds like an exciting new position you will be working.

And, BTW: I will be correcting my oversight about "you know who's web site" today. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home