Lemonade Life

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Did you miss me?

I'm here!

I have been in New Jersey for a week and of course promptly broke my blog soon after so that I couldn't tell you all the exciting thing that have happened.

The first thing that happened to me was the flu.

Yes, that's right. My body must hate me flying more than I do, because I get sick quite often after flights. It's not fun. So I spent all of Friday asleep or watching reruns of What Not To Wear.

I finally managed to sneak out of the house on Saturday to visit a rental agent and pick up my dad from the airport.

On Sunday, we found me a car. A nice red 2001 Ford Focus. We spent about an hour and a half at this couple's home just talking. They recommended things to do in Atlantic City and my dad and the husband made fun of me and the wife about the lack of respect towards our vehicles (we're messy).

My dad and I ventured down to the shore later that day, which was a lot of fun except we realized you have to pay to use the beach. That is ridiculous. People don't own the beach. That's like owning the forest. Weirdos.

We drove up Route 35 trying to find something to eat when we realized: People in New Jersey don't eat. We couldn't find a single restaurant. So we elected to drive all the way back and had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant in Hoboken, about four blocks from the Hudson river. Then we had water ice, a.k.a. my reason for life.

I started work on Monday, though I haven't done a terrible amount of work because I've been so consumed with finding an apartment. Rental agents suck. Don't use them. I should have known better, but I am naive and hopeful.

I think I have found my apartment though, which is exciting, but I am not sure yet if it's a one hundred percent go. I won't know if I passed the credit check until Monday.

My dad is leaving on Sunday and my mom and younger brother are arriving next Friday and they will be here until July 8.

That's all the exciting news so far. There might be something else coming up, but it's not for sure so I will just keep everyone posted.

My new blog should premiere some time next week, God-willing. I don't have my computer yet so I have to do all this from work.

Okay, back to work!

6 Comments:

At June 21, 2007 5:37 PM , Blogger Kassie said...

welcome to the eastern seaboard.

FYI It's "Down the shore" not "down to the shore". But kudos to you for coming so close the first time out :)

 
At June 21, 2007 9:32 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Kassie, sooooo true!!

And there are restaurants (especially diners) on every street corner and in between in NJ, just not so much on 35.....

I hope your enjoying the adventure so far.

ahhh...to go down the shore....(in NH where I am, we drive straight ACROSS to get to the BEACH..I can't even say my favorite phrase anymore, it wouldn't make sense anyway).

 
At June 22, 2007 5:34 AM , Blogger Allison said...

I actually knew it was "down the shore" because there is a Facebook Jersey group that I found that explains "Jersey lingo" but I am a West Coaster born-and-bred and on the West Coast, specifically Oregon, we *use* prepositions! So, this is me asserting my West Coaster personality. I am sure I'll be assimilated soon enough though...

Shannon, my dad and I went to the Tick Tock diner last night. Cute place. But G-d the Jersey freeways make me want to jump off the George Washington Bridge!

 
At June 22, 2007 7:08 AM , Blogger LORI said...

Glad to see you back! Looking forward to reading more about your east coast adventures. :)

 
At June 22, 2007 10:03 AM , Blogger Bernard said...

Allison

Sorry to hear you got hammered by the flu. That stinks.

Glad you're back online, I had wondered where you were.

Let us know how the blog transition goes. And the pros and cons of wordpress vs. blogspot. I'm always looking for a better platform. But I wonder about migrating my current content.

Have a great weekend.

 
At June 23, 2007 5:49 PM , Blogger George said...

Yes I did and I am glad you are back!

Three Cheers for Water Ice! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home